Terms & conditions
Last updated: 14th April 2014
- The Competition is organised by MacDonald & Muir Ltd (“Ardbeg”).
- To enter the Competition:
- you must form a team of 4 persons, and
- you must register by providing the names and email of each team member in the entry form available at www.ardbeg.com/ardventurers (the “Site”), and
- each team member must confirm its team membership following the email instructions
The entrant must be acting in the name and on behalf of the 4 members of the team. All team members must comply with eligibility requirements pursuant to these Rules. Acceptance to the Rules by the entrant includes acceptance to the Rules by each member of the team, and such entrant warrants that he/she has obtained the necessary authorization and consents from each member of the team.
Ardbeg reserves the right in its absolute discretion to terminate or withdraw any entrant access to the Competition without notice in case of breach of the Ardbeg website Terms & Conditions and/or the Rules, without prejudice to claim damages to such defaulting entrant.
- Entries may be made from 09:00 on 10th April 2014 (the “Starting Date”) and must be made before 23:59 hours, at GMT time, on 31st December 2014 (the “Closing Date”), unless the Competition reaches 5,000 entries before the Closing date. The sole determinant of time for this purpose of the Competition will be the internet server used by Ardbeg.
- Due to alcohol and promotion law restrictions, the Competition is only open to legal residents of legal drinking and purchasing age in the following countries:
- China, Germany, Japan, Netherlands, South Africa, Taiwan, United Kingdom and United States of America (over the legal drinking and purchasing age at the time of registration).
- Residents of China, Germany, Japan, Netherlands, South Africa, Taiwan and the United Kingdom must be age 18 years or older at the time of entry.
- Residents of the United States must be age 21 years or older at the time of entry.
- Entrants may be required to submit proof of eligibility. Ardbeg reserves the right to verify the mandatory details provided to it by the entrants. In the event of any dispute, entries containing any invalid or incorrect mandatory details will be deemed ineligible.
- Directors, officers and employees of Ardbeg and any of their respective affiliate companies, subsidiaries, agents, United States distributors or retailers, professional advisors, advertising and promotional agencies are not eligible to enter and to win any prizes.
- By entering the Competition, entrants are responsible for the information they submit and warrant that the information is true, correct and complete. Ardbeg reserves the right to verify eligibility of entrants.
- Ardbeg also reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has supplied information and/or details that are untruthful, inaccurate or misleading, or if the entrant has failed to abide by the Rules and/or are in breach of any other terms in any way whatsoever (including but not limited to the Ardbeg website Terms and Conditions).
- The first winning team shall win a trip to Islay (Scotland) for each team member. This trip includes return flights to Islay from the main airport of the country of residence of each member of the winning team, a 3-night stay in Seaview with catering, a walk to Loch Uigeadail and a personal distillery tour with the manager of the distillery.
The members of each of the next 20 winning teams shall win the “ARDventuring kit”, which includes 1 Ardbeg jacket, 1 Ardbeg fleece, and 1 hat (several sizes available subject to availability).
Every team leader shall receive an “ARDventurer Log Book” consisting in a tasting notebook dedicated to Ardbeg.
- The prize retail value is approximately £1,250 for the trip/pax (be £5,000 for the 4 team members), £129.90 for an ARDventuring kit, and £10 for an ARDventurer Log Book.
- The prizes will be delivered to the winners within 12 weeks following the winner selection date subject to application of the Notification section below.
- The prizes are neither transferable nor exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash.
- Ardbeg reserves the right to grant an alternative prize (in whole or in part) of similar value to the winners if (i) the applicable laws of the country of the winners prohibit the attribution of the prizes as described in clause 9, or (ii) the prizes as described in clause 9 are not available or can’t be sent to the winners for whatever reason.
Selection of the winners
- The winners (other than each team leader) will be drawn at random from all eligible teams of the countries listed in clause 5 of the Rules. The winner selections shall be made on 31st January 2015.
- Subject to these Rules, following the above process, the winners will be publicly announced on 31 January 2015 on the Site and other mediums of whatever nature promoting or relaying the Competition.
- The team leader of each winning team will be notified by e-mail to the address provided at the time of entry. The team leader must respond to such notification within 14 days from the date the notification is sent to them. If for any reason the winners cannot be reached after reasonable attempt has been made or if the winners fail to respond or respond after the deadline set forth above, the prizes will be awarded to alternate winners. The selection of alternate winners would be in accordance with these Rules.
- The winners may also waive their right to receive the prizes and in this case the prizes will be awarded to alternate winners.
- Awarding of prizes is subject to validation and eligibility verification. An entry shall be deemed submitted by the holder of the e-mail account. The winners may be required to provide Ardbeg with proof that they are the authorized account holders of the electronic mail addresses associated with the winning entries.
Use of Entries
- Ardbeg will use information submitted on the entry form in connection with the Competition.
- By entering the Competition the entrant releases Ardbeg and any of its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents and agencies from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Competition or the prizes and will be held harmless by entrants for any claims, liability or cause of action for any injury loss disappointment or damages of any kind to persons, including without limitation property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance of the prizes and/or participation in this Competition.
- Ardbeg is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment or software, failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any web site, or any combination of these, including any injury or damage to entrant‚ or any other person, computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Competition. Nothing shall exclude Ardbeg’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
- Ardbeg cannot accept responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of or unauthorised access to entries, or entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of server functions, technical issues, virus, bugs or other causes outside Ardbeg’s control.
Data Protection and Publicity
- Ardbeg reserves the right to use the name (first and last) and address (city and country) of the entrants to keep a database of Uigeadail fans, and photographs and audio and/or visual recordings of the winners in any publicity or promotion on the internet and any other media, whether now known or invented in the future, which may include other internet sites, mobile and/or social media platforms (except where prohibited by law).
- The winners will only feature in publicity if they are age 25 or over at the time of the publication.
- The Competition and Rules will be governed by Scottish law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Scotland. Ardbeg makes no representation that materials on the site relating to this Competition are appropriate or available for use at other locations and access to them from territories where their contents are illegal is strictly prohibited. If you access the Site outside of the United Kingdom, you are responsible for compliance with all local laws.
- Ardbeg reserves the right to shorten, extend, modify, cancel, patch or update the Rules at any time as deemed appropriate, in its sole discretion, without suspending or canceling the Competition. In such case, its liability cannot be incurred. Ardbeg reserves the right to discontinue the Competition at any time and in such case, its liability cannot be incurred.
- In the event there is any conflict or other inconsistency between the Rules and any advertisements, promotional or marketing materials, e-mails, or announcements relevant to this Competition, these Rules shall govern and prevail.
- In the event of any dispute regarding the Rules, conduct, results and all other matters relating to a Competition, the decision of Ardbeg shall be binding and final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
- The Rules may be translated into local languages. In case of divergent interpretations of these versions, only the English version will be considered as legally binding.
How to contact us
You can contact us in relation to the Competition by writing to: firstname.lastname@example.org
MacDonald & Muir Ltd, the Cube 45 Leith Street Edinburgh Scotland
Company number SC019038
PLEASE SAVOUR ARDBEG RESPONSIBLY